Wave Banner JCMF_Banner_statue

Glenlair ruins (1)

 

Glenlair ruins (1)

Glenlair in ruins - long after the destructive fire of 1929. 
The taller part to the left is the extension which was the
result of an 1868 collaboration between JCM and
Dumfries architect James Barbour (1834-1912). 

On the right is the 1831 original house built by JCM's
father, John Clerk Maxwell, in collaboration with
Dumfries  architect Walter Newall (1780-1863).

Courtesy of the Cavendish Laboratory,
University of Cambridge.

[Home] [About Maxwell] [Resources] [Birthplace and JCM Foundation] [Contact Us]